Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo1 View Post
Need to bring this up again. So both my local BMW and parts and service gurus say the BMW Advanced Battery Charging System (part # 82 11 0 026 663) will definitely work with the plug-in adapter to the cigarette lighter on my 09 E92. Well after trying it tonight, nothing but the damn blinking red light. I don't find power to the lighter, wiggling the adapter NG. Is the jury out on this, or can you really only use the ones with the alligator clips to the battery or the other hookups I've seen on this site. If the one with the plug to the lighter is NG, why the hell do the fools at BMW sell this type? The pushing of the start/stop button etc. does not work for me. Anyone have success with this plug-in charger on this model BMW or is this E92 really designed to be cold to the lighter with the power off?
The IBS (Intelligent Battery System) in the e9x applications will prevent this type of charger from being used. You'll need to go directly to the terminals on the battery itself or underneath the hood.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0