View Single Post
      12-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #13
litt
Private
Rep
Drives: Raptor, Macan S, M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM5W View Post
Does anyone know how I can find out when my car will be placed on a ship? My car has been sitting at the port in Germany since Nov 29th. The vehicle status tracker still just says "At The Port". My dealer has no additional information. I even tried called BMW Germany... they said they don't provide information to USA customers.

I placed this order on November 12th.

Also, how long is the transit time from Germany to the east coast port?
It is hard to say how long it is at the port and seems to vary. Assuming nothing is wrong with the car, it really is in the hands of the shipping company. You used to be able to track this by using your VIN and putting that into the shipping company website and you could see what ship your car was assigned to (I haven't tried this in a couple of years so still may work). From there you could use the maritime tracker to see where the ship was and when it was going to be in port to pick up your car and its scheduled time to arrive on the east coast.

From there its usually 7-10 days to get to the east coast but also varies on where else the ship has to stop. A lot of times the BMW ships also stop at southampton to pick up MINIs before they hit the open water.
Appreciate 0