View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 12:18 AM   #131
imahobo
Private
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, 991TT

I've owned a lot of BMW's and would consider myself a loyal fan of the brand. The quality, fit, finish and value has been commendable compared to most competing brands. That said, I won't be purchasing any of the new vehicles with the buck-toothed front grilles. I honestly thought the first renderings of these cars were a bad joke when they first appeared on this board. I hoped the final versions would not have these exaggerated dimensions, and was thoroughly disappointed to see the designs made it to final production. I am currently on my second X5M and don't know what I'll do when it's time to trade.

Granted, the Lexus has the ugliest maw on the market, so I see where BMW fans prefer to make the comparison here. The majority of the people I have spoken with, who are not brand loyalists or car aficionados, feel the Cayenne and Range Rover possess far more attractive designs. Is this a testament to quality, engineering or driving enjoyment? No. But let's be honest with ourselves as BMW owners/fans, this new line of vehicles is hideous to look at. Maybe purchasing an all black version and immediately ordering blacked-out components is the best compromise to avoid parking lot embarrassment. I highly recommend new buyers visit the IND website to make the necessary "upgrades."
Appreciate 0