View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #135
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahobo View Post
I've owned a lot of BMW's and would consider myself a loyal fan of the brand. The quality, fit, finish and value has been commendable compared to most competing brands. That said, I won't be purchasing any of the new vehicles with the buck-toothed front grilles. I honestly thought the first renderings of these cars were a bad joke when they first appeared on this board. I hoped the final versions would not have these exaggerated dimensions, and was thoroughly disappointed to see the designs made it to final production. I am currently on my second X5M and don't know what I'll do when it's time to trade.

Granted, the Lexus has the ugliest maw on the market, so I see where BMW fans prefer to make the comparison here. The majority of the people I have spoken with, who are not brand loyalists or car aficionados, feel the Cayenne and Range Rover possess far more attractive designs. Is this a testament to quality, engineering or driving enjoyment? No. But let's be honest with ourselves as BMW owners/fans, this new line of vehicles is hideous to look at. Maybe purchasing an all black version and immediately ordering blacked-out components is the best compromise to avoid parking lot embarrassment. I highly recommend new buyers visit the IND website to make the necessary "upgrades."
I find it hard for many people to comment on the looks without most seeing the car in real life. We all know that cars look differently in pictures. I remember hating the look of the new X6M when it just came out. Also, FWIW, the huge grill won't make it to many other BMW cars other than x7. There isn't a true 3 row Cayenne model on the market (I wonder how that could look) so I think a proper comparison would be to an x5m or x6m and BMW wins in looks compared to Cayenne. I like the exterior design of RR but hate the interior and I feel that for many driving enthusiasts RR is not a real option.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0