View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #136
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahobo View Post
I've owned a lot of BMW's and would consider myself a loyal fan of the brand. The quality, fit, finish and value has been commendable compared to most competing brands. That said, I won't be purchasing any of the new vehicles with the buck-toothed front grilles. I honestly thought the first renderings of these cars were a bad joke when they first appeared on this board. I hoped the final versions would not have these exaggerated dimensions, and was thoroughly disappointed to see the designs made it to final production. I am currently on my second X5M and don't know what I'll do when it's time to trade.

Granted, the Lexus has the ugliest maw on the market, so I see where BMW fans prefer to make the comparison here. The majority of the people I have spoken with, who are not brand loyalists or car aficionados, feel the Cayenne and Range Rover possess far more attractive designs. Is this a testament to quality, engineering or driving enjoyment? No. But let's be honest with ourselves as BMW owners/fans, this new line of vehicles is hideous to look at. Maybe purchasing an all black version and immediately ordering blacked-out components is the best compromise to avoid parking lot embarrassment. I highly recommend new buyers visit the IND website to make the necessary "upgrades."
Gonna let you in on a little secret. Come a little closer so I can whisper it so no one hears: the X7 is a seven seater.

As for what others think about what I drive that doesn’t bother me. Maybe in time you too will evolve.

My personal opinion? X7 with M and 22s ->>>> the field.
Appreciate 5
Wild Blue3676.50
MystroX56244.50
530iDriver1707.50
PIPE_DR354.50
aas5171.00