View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 07:17 PM   #145
swenzi
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 Escalad / 17 Panamera Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
I've had 3 LR Range Rovers. Two previous generation, one current. They just barely beat ONLY Chrystler/Fiat in JD Power surveys for a reason: The reliability is absurd. I need an offsite data center to store the PDF files of all my maintenance records. Struts, brakes, seat belts, air suspension, not to mention trivial electronic stuff that should just WORK, DOESNT!

The good news is that the Land Rover brand has some cache and I think Tata will eventually sell it. Hopefully to the Germans, again.

Tata is on the ropes right now with Jaguar and LR, and they don't have the resources to invest in electrification to compete. Further, they can barely keep internal combustion vehicles from falling apart. They're going to keep up with the Germans and Japanese on that front? Fireball's chance in you know where.
I have owned 3 Rovers as well, including my current 2018 model. When everything is working there is no other truck I rather have, but you are right there are lots gremlins that I have learned to live with. I am hoping BMW reliability will be far better. I have owned Porsches they have a ton of issues as well.
Appreciate 0