07-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #32
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
I'll never buy a pickup because I only need a truck bed for something that wouldn't fit in the back of my wagon about once a year. And for that one time, I just rent a truck from Home Depot for $35. So I guess in a sense I do have a truck and it costs me $35/year. If I needed to tow something, I'd use an SUV.

I don't get the people who commute an hour to their office job in giant duallys taking up 2 parking spots and the truck bed looks like it's never been used.

That said, if I were in the market for a pickup, this would be it. I like it. The grill looks good on a truck.
I agree.

Never understood people living alone, with no children and with white collar office jobs driving these behemoths back and forth to work. Talk about a mid life crisis vehicle!

They complain about the size, difficulty to park, ride and fuel economy... It's a truck after all no matter how much wood, leather and electronic gizmos you can throw at it.

I don't like pickups and never lusted for one. Growing up, these were driven by farmers, construction workers and tradesmen. If I owned one, it would have to be to back up a solid business decision/operation. But driving around on one just to look 'macho' and 'cool' no thanks!

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0