05-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #231
arkie6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Here is my input. Take it for what it is worth. People need to get over the idea that fat gain or loss is just a simple math problem (calories in vs. calories out). The human body is way more complex than many make it out to be. Hormones play a significant part in determining whether your body is in fat storing or fat burning modes, and the foods you eat and when you eat greatly affects your fat storing vs. burning hormones. High insulin levels promote fat storage and block fat burning. Sugars and starches which readily convert to glucose once consumed along with frequent eating and snacking will raise insulin levels unless you are very active. For many people, the way to lose fat is to greatly reduce your intake of sugars and starches and reduce the frequency of eating. This also reduces insulin levels which has many other health benefits.

I'm in my mid 50's and have been following a mostly ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting for the past ~16 months. I'm down ~50 pounds and have been holding my weight steady and gaining some muscle the past 4 months or so through increased workouts. I have corrected my elevated blood sugars and some digestive issues I was having. I'm on zero medications and my blood pressure and blood sugar levels are now normal. And I don't feel deprived. I eat lots of green vegetables and high quality meats and eggs. I generally go 18-22 hours between meals and either eat one meal a day (OMAD) or one small meal plus a regular meal. It works for me.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00