Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
Back when I cheered for Ferrari, The Right Honourable Michael Schumacher won his first championship for the italian house in the first car in the picture... whose nose isn't that far off from the toyota... at the time it was an evolution of the interpretation of the rules over a few years. It was "it".

The next year, Ferrari came up with another winning car, the F2001 (that's when they stopped trying hard to name them); a car that I thought always reminded me of a tongue...

my extremely deficient montage should illustrate... top left is aggressive nose, all others are the tongue from the year after... the black is from back when Giovanni Agnelli passed away.

The black nosed car is the one Ferrari did as a tribute to the 9/11 attacks. The Italian GP @ Monza was held just a few days after the attacks. Ferrari felt it necessary to show their support for the US by adopting that livery for the race. I personally have always felt that was an amazing thing for them to do, and I will always remember it.

Agnelli passed away in 2003. Ferrari named their 2003 contender after him, the 2003-GA.