View Single Post
      02-12-2024, 11:33 AM   #715
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Agree on the takes above that the 49'ers should have kept feeding CMC the ball. One item I have not seen discussed is Purdy: he played pretty clean but didn't do anything that remarkable. Perhaps if he would have connected on one of those deep throws the game could have been different. Is Purdy a barrier to them winning? I really don't know what to think of him.

I have seen some news snippets this morning that some of the 49'ers players didn't know about the new OT rules, and that the team might not have had a strategy in place in the event OT happened. I don't know.....I felt like that last play to win the game was awkward. Did the 49'ers think the Chiefs were going to take a timeout and kick a field goal since the clock was winding down? Did they think the clock would run out and the game would be over? It was either the perfectly timed offensive play call or maybe the defense just wasn't prepared for that moment at all.
It's bad coaching. I've seen this game since Kyle got to Santa Clara in 2017. It's the same thing over and over. The national media has this guy as a savior and an offensive genius. He isn't and he's not. He's a fraud and he's trading on his dad's good name. He's running a modified version of Mike's offense.

You don't need the All-22 to see the issue. You can see it from the couch. Even Romo is saying, "You need to run the ball." and after a 4 yard gain, "Yeah, I'd run it again!" It remains interesting who is given the benefit of the doubt and who is not. If you're so fuckin smart you would've put together a gameplan to blow the Chiefs out like the Buccaneers did in the 2020 SB.

Those two throws Purdy missed deep weren't on him. BA didn't flatten out at the top of the route and the throw to Deebo out the back of the end zone missed because of Chris Jones. He wrecked the interior of the OL in pass pro and there was no answer. He's a 3-tech that they didn't move around often, if at all, so you double him. The remaining OL go 1:1 and you chip or crack down if they need help. On obvious passing downs, spread them out and attack the nickel or LBs in coverage. It doesn't matter if they blitz. Kyle got outcoached for the 4th time by Steve Spagnulo. He owns him.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2079.50