View Single Post
      02-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Frankly, I'm not sure how BMW comes up with the spec numbers for legroom, if you put the front row all the way back, there is less than 37.6" of second row legroom (unless you push the 2nd row back from it's "standard" position. What I can tell you is that with the driver's seat set for a 6'2" guy with long legs (and I sit with my legs fairly stretched and with the seatback in a position where if I keep my back pressed against the seatback and stretch my arms out, my wrists sit on top of the steering wheel. I keep my seatback fairly upright as well), I can fit in the 2nd row seat with my knees just about touching the front seat back, maybe 1" of clearance. That's with the 2nd row seat in its standard position. You can move the second row back at least 4" from there, which creates a ton of legroom for passengers. If you are less than 6' tall, you probably won't even need to move the 2nd row back from the standard position to give 2nd row passengers plenty of legroom (unless they are 6'4" or something like that).
That’s all great to hear. So when you say “standard” position is there a default setting of some kind tries to increase third row room by moving the second row up by about 4” or so?
Appreciate 0