Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Wow, my first featured post!!!

Very flattering. Thanks guys.

Anyway, here's the exact config on the X7 I drove:

50i - $92,600
Arctic Grey Metallic (nice color in person)
Ivory White/Night Blue Merino $3,700 - how I missed the blue I really don't know. It did look pretty posh though.
Cold Weather Package - $1,200
Premium Package - $1,550
Executive Package - $2,100
Design Pure Excellence (Satin Aluminum roof rails, ambient lighting)
22" 757 w/run flats - $1,300
Display Key - $300 (I didn't even get to see this)
Leather dashboard - $1,200
Individual Ash Grey trim - $1,080
Destination - $995
Total: $106,025 (ouch!!!!)

So this model did NOT have the 4-wheel Integral Active Steering. It was still easy to spin around in the parking lot. I'll definitely need to drive one with IAS before deciding if it is helpful or just plain weird. The 4-wheel system in the Audi Q7 is really great in my opinion. I hope the X7's is similar. I do wonder if alignment jobs get insanely expensive with the 4-wheel steering though. Apparently on a Q7 an alignment is like $700

Also, I didn't mention the steering feel in my original post. It felt pretty similar to the G05. Not too light feeling, nor was it too hard to turn the wheel. There was a bit of feedback, but still nothing like the old hydraulic systems. Definitely leagues better than our '16 X5 and perhaps even a bit better feeling than my '17 340 with the variable sport steering (track pack). Steering was very accurate and I felt instantly comfortable driving the X7.

That is probably my biggest takeaway from my test drive. The X7 actually felt like a BMW. Engineering did a great job on this one. Now just let me get the laser headlights on a 40i and I'll be happy.

This dealership also had a couple of new 3-series already but sadly I didn't get to take their Portimau Blue (stunning color in person) 330i MSport out a for a spin.
Appreciate 0