07-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
If your hotel is anywhere near a train stop then I'd take the train, as there's a stop right at the Welt. The only caveat here is if you've got a lot of luggage, which is a hassle to drag around the train station. The Munich train system is a bit complicated, and it can take switching trains 2-3 times depending on where you're heading.

Cabs are a bit pricier compared to the states. I think I spent around 60euros to go from the Munich airport to my hotel by the Marienplatz. My hotel had a new 7-Series turbodiesel driver service that cost the same as a regular taxi, and we used that once I checked in, which was nice.

If you're traveling in Italy, be weary of the taxi's. The only time I really got screwed on my trip was taking a cab from the train station in Rome to my hotel. Driver told me the trip was $88euros; I gave him a $100euro bill and he took and left without giving me change! At the front desk when checking into the hotel the first thing the clerk asked me is how much the taxi charged us (he's obviously seen this before!) and he told me the ride should have been $35euros max!

LOL, sorry. Thanks for the warning. I also got taken in Rome. I sat at a restaraunt and asked how much it was to eat. After I finished the bill was double what they told me. Then they charged me for the table cloth, counted every slice of bread and I can't remember the rest.

Gotta love Italy!
Appreciate 0