Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Well, I didn't think so. At 112 you can still make changes, which you can't do after they order parts, right? When did you go 112?

This is what my sales guy, who has many years experience, said this morning,
"When a car is ramping up to production, one has to loosely interpret the "Req. Production". It appears that your car is due to be produced by the second week of February. If that is the case, typical production BMW's would flip to a 150 status by the end of this month. The problem here is that BMW may have sourced subcontractors for specific components of this car which may require a lock up of the modification process earlier than normal. This early lock up is typical of new cars due to the variables that may affect the M3. In short, although I would expect the 150 status to occur a couple of weeks before the scheduled production, I don't feel comfortable committing to that schedule on the M3 yet."

I'm confused, now, I guess.
Once you hit 112, you're no longer allowed to make changes. 112 is the first step of the "production" schedule, which is where they gather the parts. 150 means they've got the parts and are ready to put it together.

I went 112 about a week ago.
Appreciate 0