01-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
...Do you think any of the old model buyers really didn't know there was a new one? Would love to see the moment of realisation when a 2011 pulled alongside for the first time
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of customers to this dealership have no idea that there is a major model change under way. Around here, many X3 and X5 drivers are typical suburban "soccer moms" who would not recognize another X3 if it pulled alongside, let alone one from a different model year. No offense to any "soccer moms" reading this. :-)

For many people a car is just an appliance. If it has room for the average 2.3 kids, 6 bags of groceries, starts and runs reasonably well, and has a comfortable interior, that's all that matters. Many of these cars probably never see anything more than half throttle, 3000rpm, or 0.4G lateral cornering loads.

The person who checks this forum every day, and knows the detailed differences between a X3 20d, 28i, 35i is in a tiny minority and is probably considered a little "odd" by the "typical" car (even BMW) customer.
Appreciate 0