View Single Post
      02-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon ExAudi Guy View Post
Not available yet. I suspect it is part of the upgrade from BMW. OS6 has the MAP facility, but the issue appears to be related to BMW opening up the functionality. There is a side of me that wonders if perhaps it is available in Europe but not in North America. It is not always clear to me why BMW does certain things on this side of the ocean (usually it limits full functionality....e.g. the trunk that can open and close with the remote, the internet access via iDrive, auto close mirrors).
Thanks Soon Ex..........which should now be "Completely Ex"!

I thought that was the case but could not remember. Seems like BMW is doing their utmost to support I-Phones now, can't say I don't blame them, but would be nice to keep up with other Smart Phones as well. The whole 6NR is just another case of not having the latestest technology, which is fine with me since I have a Blackberry. It's just the thought that one would think they would have coordinated this new technology introduction a little better than they have. I like you really wonder why some of our North American features have been dummied down.
Appreciate 0