like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBMWNA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
This segment will become more competitive. In addition to the new GLS coming.

1. Lincoln will have the Aviator in mid 2019, this is comparable in size to the X7. I saw it at the LA auto show. The x7 is nicer, but the aviator has plenty of bling and seem bigger inside.

2. Cadillac will introduce a 3 row cross over this week. This will be similar in size to the Buick Enclave which is bigger than the X7. Also new Escalade will come in 2H 2019 as a 2020 model with independent rear suspension.

3. Audi will facelift the Q7, I would not expect much change in exterior, but the interior will get an update.
Aviator is based on an Explorer platform, so not bigger than the X7. Aviator is closer to compete with X5. The Navigator is the big boy competition from Lincoln to fight the X7.

Enclave is a Chevrolet Traverse underneath, which is also a mid-size SUV. Not really a direct competitor size wise for the big X7.

Though both cars can offer 7 seats, it won't be in the same way that the X7 does. That said, really looking forward to new Escalade as a competitor - that'll give the X7 some competition!
The Traverse is bigger inside than an x7. It's longer and has 20 cubic feet of cargo space behind row 3. The Traverse/Enclave have more 3rd row leg room than a Tahoe/Yukon and Escalade and more behind row 3 cargo space.

I saw the aviator at the LA auto show and the x7 as well. I measured the rear cargo space behind row 3. It's wider and deeper than the x7. Dynamically it will be closer to the x7 than a navigator.
Appreciate 0