vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Agree completely! Dealer came back with a ridiculous offer. Invoice and full markup on MF.
Guess they like to make the car a permanent dealer fixture. ROTFL

I'll get the new 2020 GLS custom-build for invoice with base MF so unless I find another X7 nearby, it'll be a GLS
Good luck with that lol. I have a friend who is the new car sales manager at MB he laughed at me when I told him I want 8% off on a new GLS580. I was ready to order if the timing was right as we had a gls before and found it to be a really good suv. He told me for every cheapskate like me, there's 3-4 willing to pay sticker on a new redesigned model. He even had me down for their first allocation on a 580. I think that car will be hard to get a decent discount on for a while. It's hard to pit the x7 against it as well because although I like both vehicles, and prefer the sportier look of the x7, I've found that the x7 styling is either loved or hated, while the Benz much more subdued look may appeal to a broader market and hence stronger sales for them, which could help those looking for a deal on the x7.
I guess the "he's my friend" is one sided here lol

As mentioned in a post before mine, it sounds like he employs the strategy of maxing out profit per vehicle, all other considerations be damned. Seems short sighted to me for a business like this but it's his paycheck on the line.

See if he'll disclose how Benz's dealer incentive program works. I suspect he can still make a good chunk of $ even at an invoice sale.
Appreciate 0