11-11-2019, 04:57 PM   #466
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Well, you only ordered it so far...

$2K off is a VERY good deal.....for the dealer.

In the final two weeks before your vehicle arrives, shop around and have your other local dealerships (you can even go State-wide) compete against each other. Send them a copy of your configuration and ask for their best price, then take the best offer and show it to the dealer when it's time to seal the deal. Tell them to match it or you will walk (at $2K off, that's certainly what I would do if that's the best they are willing to offer).
I wouldn't wait until then. You ordered almost a fully loaded car and if you wait and then walk away you may have to wait longer to get into a similar car unless you can find it at a different dealer. I would do comparison shopping now and then call your dealer and tell them to match or do better. I don't know how competitive your area is so one other thing to consider if you can is to do a performance center delivery and drive the car back from Spartanburg. I've done it three times. This way you can buy from any dealer in the US and get the best pricing.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0