View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 03:35 PM   #597
DenverMisanthrope
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i (ordered), 540i xDrive

Welp. The time finally came for me to start shopping dealers to place an order for an X7 M50i with Performance Center Delivery. The plan would be to pick it up in Spartanburg and drive it back home — we love national parks, and haven't had a chance to visit ANY of them in the southeastern US, so it would be a pretty awesome trip. But I digress...

I hit my first (local) dealer today, and I suppose it's too early to be completely demoralized, but it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I wonder if my expectations are unrealistic, but it just seems like folks are getting 10% (or more) off MSRP — but this dealership came back at just 5% off. And that's with the lease credit and loyalty credit included... so really the discount was more like 3% ($113,995 MSRP discounted to $110,571). Is that as crap as I think it is?

I guess we'll see how it goes from here... I'm waiting to hear back from three other local dealers plus two from out of state. And there are two more local and who-knows-how-many more out of state dealers I could still reach out to. I think I was naive to imagine this would be quick and painless. Should I just tell them straight out of the gate, "Hey, give me 10% off MSRP, don't jack up the MF or tack on any bogus fees, and we've got a deal" and see if anyone bites? I'm stuck between worrying I'm gonna scare them off by demanding too aggressive a deal... and worrying I'm shooting myself in the foot in case I could have gotten a *better* deal if I'd kept my mouth shut.

I really really hate this process.
Appreciate 0