View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #603
DenverMisanthrope
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i (ordered), 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I hear ya, Denver. I'm considering a PCD as well--think it'll be a great experience. The good news is, you don't have to go local to place a PCD order. I think you'll get some good recommendations here, and if needed, you can drop me a line of a suggested dealer in the Wash DC area.
Thanks, but I think I'm good now. Just got off the phone with a CA from a different local dealer about 5 minutes ago. I'd sent her an email last night being totally upfront about what it would take to get me to sign, not expecting much. But she came back this morning with numbers that are close enough that I'm willing to run with it, just to avoid the hassle and stress of shopping dealers. The MF is a bit inflated, but she gave me 10% off MSRP before incentives, so I'm comfortable with it. I told her I wanted to know the build date for the allocation, so I'm just waiting to hear back on that, but I think I'm probably going to move forward.

I could keep shopping around and probably find a better deal, but I have a pretty long history of being willing to pay more for convenience and to avoid having to deal with people. Hell, look at my username.

Plus, there's something vaguely reassuring about buying from a local dealership that's within easy driving distance. Psychological trickery, I'm sure, but... there it is.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3682.50