First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Expert mode provides a more similar experience to what you'd get while coding the vehicle through a computer with dealership / engineering level software. There are coding forums and posts that can answer all of your questions. There are some fun ones in KOMBI that enable the new assisted driving view in 2019 vehicles that shouldn't have it for example.

Be careful in expert mode, the same software runs on lots of BMW's vehicles and changing a setting in German could add or remove a feature / option in the vehicle. It's easy to make a mistake.
Right and it’s that last part that is the reason for my question! I have to imagine if it’s all listed in Bimmercode then someone must know what changes each. I’m surprised Bimmercode doesn’t at least have a page, or a thread here, that indicates what each of those variables does.
No that's actually Bimmercode reading from the ECU. It's not one option per feature either, several functions are groups and vary based on options and what devices are present. There are several threads on this site that outline what people have discovered, but there isn't a straight forward list for each and every option.

The features that Bimmercode offers in basic mode are ones that the developer has tested and vetted safe / reversible for all users.
Appreciate 0