View Single Post
      08-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
HMG_E93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 328i Convertible

I don't know if it was because I disconnected the battery or did a bad install the first time but the problems are gone. What I did was I cleared the codes, disconnected the battery and double checked the sensor. I also tighten it until I couldn't anymore. Only code left is 578e for the trans fluid which has not been replaced yet.

This weekend I'll be doing a power steering drain and flush, replacing the reservoir and replacing the trans mounts. If I feel like being nice then I'll probably do the trans fluid and filter before selling the car.

Tip: You can reach the sensor from underneath (might not for 335i and ix). Remove the undercarriage cover and the metal shield protecting the fuel and brake lines on the driver side. Look up through the gap and you'll see 3 wire looms, the smallest being the one for the sensor. It's easier to get to the bolt if you go over the 3 wires. Other diy say its a E8 bolt but I had to use a E10 socket to fit. 1/4" ratchet would be best but a 3/8" will work too.
Appreciate 0