No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G80S58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTDR1V View Post
This is just wrong. NYS needs yearly inspections. Emissions inspections don't start until like year 3.

To the OP the NYS laws are stupid. 70% max tint which is what is factory except for the rear windshield. Rear windshield can be anything so as long as you have side mirrors.

There is currently a bill to allow for 50%, but that doesn't mean you can get 50%. That means that whatever you add to the factory 70% must be 50% or higher, which is still super light.

I have 35%. I have a parking sticker on both my car and my wife's X5 which has rear tinting from the factory. My car you can fully see the sticker. Her car it is almost unidentifiable.

It is a bullshit rule due to double standards like this- that trucks and SUVs can have deep dark tint from factory but if you own a sedan you must live in a fishbowl.

Rant over.

Thank you for the clarification. I was planning to get ceramic tints to block off some heat from the sun. it looks like I will have to get "clear" tints to be able to pass inspection every year, I dont have the time to get it taken off and redo it every year. Who ever passed this law is a tool, Cuomo?
Yes he did.

And ceramic will help with the heat. It's just not clear whether it will without the windshield as well.

Go onto xpel website and check out the differences in the products. You'd be surprised how much heat is blocked by the quality of the tint not the %
Appreciate 0