View Single Post
      01-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Happy 1200 miles service story at Peter Pan BMW

A little story you guys might appreciate, last week was the 1200 miles service for my car, so I drop it off in the morning, pick up a loaner (very nice of them to provide me with one!), then later in the afternoon get a call from the service manager.

The service guy besides changing the engine oil and diff oil thought the service also included changing the gearbox oil (hey it's a true M car after all! ), so he drained the gearbox ... and then realized they didn't have the right transmission oil in stock!

So I had to wait an extra 3 days to get the car back while they got the right fluid shipped from BMW NA on the east coast. They let me keep the loaner in the mean time and were like "we're sorry for the mistake! We won't charge you anything for this of course".

As you can imagine I told them that I was quite very happy for the "mistake" and perfectly content to wait a few more days for the car!

So thumbs up to Peter Pan BMW for a better than expected (if longer) first service experience!

Actually one of the service managers there went to find me and chat when I dropped the car to tell me that he also had a 1M (AW) that he bought from the dealership it was like "oh, you're #4 (on the waiting list), I was #2".

Nice people, nice service, nice dealership, pretty large (and new) service center.

Final anecdote, when I got the car back I finally allowed myself to completely put the gas pedal down to check out the acceleration (I think I was in second gear), I had a water bottle in the cup holder (not the useless one in the center console, the second one you can remove) and because of the acceleration the bottle literally flew off the cup holder and into the passenger's lap! (as much as testament to the power of the engine as of the fact that that cup holder is not that good at 'holding').
Appreciate 0