Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Pretty sure only the US (if it's due to the take-rate). I can't imagine BMW would get away with something like that, say, in Germany.

I get the idea of a low take-rate of specific options but let's not forget that the customer pays quite a lot for a BMW in the first place. We are not talking Honda or Kia here where on size fits it all. The X7 is a luxury vehicle and you expect luxury options to be available and the few that actually pick them pay far more for them than what they actually cost for that particular build - so in other words, you are already paying for the low take rate.

Now, if there is a supply-issue, it's a completely different story and excusable.
Can't be a supply issue as they aren't pulling these things off the X5, and they sell more of those. At least they should make the options available for the M50i since clearly that customer is pushing for something that is at a higher price and may want all the bells and whistles.

I know I do
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Can't be a supply issue as they aren't pulling these things off the X5, and they sell more of those.
If you review the ordering and pricing guides for all models:

2021 X7 Ordering and Pricing Guides https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1727832

BMWNA has removed options on the X5s - removed full Merino leather, rear seat entertainment package, ZOR, leather dash and alcantara headliner in 40i, Integral Active Steering unless you're order M50i with ZHP. Removed massage feature from ZLS Luxury Seating Package and charge as an extra $1K option bring it up to $400 more than 2020 ZLS which included it but no changes to X7 ZLS or price increase.

There are no to limited changes in options for EU market. If it wasn't supply issue it would affect more markets.

Appreciate 0