jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
The new GLS will be a beautiful SUV with some fun tricks up it's sleeve (E-ABC for one). As an owner of three GL/GLS's I will be test driving a 580 when they show up on the dealer lots. One area I'm disappointed with is MB's implementation of CarPlay into MBUX. The only way to use CarPlay is via a cable (wired) connection and it doesn't use the entire width of the 12.3" display. One area of interest to me is E-ABC and how it functions. GregW / Oregon owns a 2020 GLE with E-ABC and posted that it automatically lowers the vehicle when the engine is turned off and in Comfort mode. This is something I wish our X7 did automatically but even if the X7 included such an option, the time to lower the X7 is still somewhat slow whereas it's my understanding E-ABC can do this quickly. Nice feature.

In any case, the new GLS should provide some heathy competition to the segment.
Trust me, wired CarPlay is sooo much better than BMW's implimentation of wireless CarPlay. I found in my 540i and even my test drive of an M340i that its very glitchy, rarely likes to connect, and constantly will randomly disconnect. There are hundreds of posts on here with the same situation, not to mention this feature which barely works is charged at $80/year!
I haven't had any issues with wireless CarPlay in the last few iOS 13 betas. It connects every time.