View Single Post
      01-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #13
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodNIGHT View Post
I have a lot of pics but those two might interest you more.

In terms of wondering if the 2er is a reliable track car... i would say there are no reliable road cars as track cars. Road cars are not meant to handle the extreme conditions of racing consistently and the m235i is no exception. The m235 is a fun, sporty car for sure but here is what it lacks: robust suspension parts, no oil cooler, limited wheel well space, no LSD, soft suspension, has a narrow track, and the chassis isn't not too stiff. that's why the M cars are better suited for tracking- but you pay a lot more. and still they are vulnerable to breaking down.
Agreed, the M235 is not a track car and does have it's limitations. BUT I do have to say that the M235 does have an oil cooler stock (same one as the M2) and you can get a factory-backed mechanical clutch LSD which makes a massive difference in it's dynamics. It's like a different car. You'll love it.

What downpipe are you running? Did you feel a difference?