View Single Post
      09-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #91
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyt View Post
When I got my M2 back into the states, I had to drive it from Philly to Northern VA. I knew from experience that there is a fair amount of construction and gravel in my path so I decided to give TrakTape a try for that leg even though I didn't use anything in Europe.

It could have been my application but I was very disappointed in its performance. I spent more than two hours cleaning/ prepping the nose and applying trak tape. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, at least initially.

20 min or so after I got on the highway I pulled off to check things and wound up replacing about 20% of the trak tape with blue painters tape where it had not held. A half hour later, I had to replace some more.

Trak tape is cleaner looking than painters tape, but I was not able to get it to stay on on some surfaces.

If you elect to use it, make sure you have a sharp scissors and possibly a razor knife with you. Might want to bring some blue tape with you as well ;^(
Thanks for the tip. I've actually never used it before. I guess I'll try to prep the surface first with some 25% alcohol solution.
Appreciate 0