United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
DIY: Laser Interceptor/ Laser Jammer install

DIY difficulty scale from 1-10: 7
Time required: about 2-3 hours.
Tools: zip ties, screw driver, quick connects, trox driver, scissors, drill.
Installation was done in a e90. Installation on a e92 should be almost the same.
Please excuse me if I made any grammar errors English is not my primary language.

1) remove the kidney grills.
E90: (source http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3830)
E90: to remove the two main grill pieces, grab a hold of 2-3 slats with each hand and pull out straight towards you (as diagramed below). The attachment points for the grill is shown below.

E92: ( source: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47059 )
Remove these for hex nuts, 5/32's.

2) Mount the LI heads :
TESTING NEED TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO COMPLEATE THIS STEP TO FIGURE OUT WITH POSSITION WORKS THE BEST HORIZONTALLY BEHIND THE GRILL OR VERTICALLY BETWEEN THE GRILLS ,( I’m make the diy because everyone is annoying me when I’m going to make it. once I get the test results I will update this step )

3) Locate the small hole and using a drill make the hole bigger to so you can pass the cables. (e92: I’m not sure if you have this holes if you don’t make one ) after passing the cables use zip ties to keep them together.

4) Zip tie you head cables to an exciting cables that runs all the way to the driver side.

5) Remove this piece by pulling it up, and pass the cables under. And then put the piece back

6) remove the plastic cover, make sure you remove the grill 1st.

7) go to the inside of your car and remove this piece using a tox screw driver ( sorry I’m not user about the size)

8) under the plastic piece that you remove in the engine bay you will find the firewall access to the car using your scissors cut a hole and pass the cables.

9) pass about 1 ft of cable to the cabin and zip tie the rest on the engine bay and hide it under the plastic cover. ( the space under the steering wheel is very limited ).

10) if you car does not have the Bluetooth pack( if you do you have a speaker located there) there is going to be a place were you can put the main unit and zip tied. If you do you can put the main unit using double side tape of the outside.

11) get the power cable with the switch and pass it under the steering wheel.

TAKE A BREAK !!!

12) remove the center console ( source and instructions http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7049)
1) Remove the shift boot using your hand and carefully pulling up on the edge of the boot.
2) Move the gear shift into 2nd gear to make it easer to remove the center console trim cover. ( auto put car in D).
3) Open the console storage compartment lid.
4) Pull up with a steady firm grip on the rear part of the shift boot opening to remove center console cover.
5) Disconnect the lighter plug.
6) Pull the center console cover over the shift boot to gain access to the underside.

13) locate the cigarette lighter power cables and using the quick connects tap into them
Brown = negative
Red/Black = positive

14) try to turn the car on to test your connections.
15) put the center console back and the plastic cover under the steering wheel .
16) before closing your hood make you there is no tool on the engine compartment Especially a camera

This is what happen when you forget the camera and close the hood