Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
I see some people here choose to just swap for winter tires keeping stock 21/22 wheels. Alternatively I also see this package available: https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/1...EEL---TIRE-SET

Help me choose the correct option please. What can tilt the correct decision in one direction vs the other?
Swapping tires is supposed to be worse for your tires and rims. Especially with RFT's.

It takes longer than changing the 4 entire wheels.

You can't have normal snow chains on 21 and 22. You need special ones that are more expensive.

It doesn't make sense to have very wide winter
tires. If you encounter a lot of snow and ice during winter I think 20 or 19 inch and 275 is better in order to have more pressure and better grip.

I have 19 inch winters but would have taken 20 if chosen again. 19 is cheaper than 20 and that is also how it looks (a bit, not enough to sell and buy a set of 20)
the X5M doesn't have RFT so I wouldn't worry about that.

issue with our vehicles is there's only a limited option for winter tire/wheel size versus the standard X5.

I live in MA and have always just added snow tires to my rims. quite a bit cheaper but a little more of a hassle having to go to the tire shop or dealer twice a year to swap tires.

if you don't have a problem dropping $5k+ on a winter wheel package, go for it. if you want to spend about $2k, just do tires.

no matter which direction you go, the tire sizing will be pretty wide/ large for optimal snow traction but will definitely get you around.
Didn't see it was for an X5M ??
Appreciate 0