Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
the X5M doesn't have RFT so I wouldn't worry about that.

issue with our vehicles is there's only a limited option for winter tire/wheel size versus the standard X5.

I live in MA and have always just added snow tires to my rims. quite a bit cheaper but a little more of a hassle having to go to the tire shop or dealer twice a year to swap tires.

if you don't have a problem dropping $5k+ on a winter wheel package, go for it. if you want to spend about $2k, just do tires.

no matter which direction you go, the tire sizing will be pretty wide/ large for optimal snow traction but will definitely get you around.
Not going to be driving through snow that much - certainly not chain-worthy - mostly just cold weather. I was leaning towards the wheel package - but you're now the 3rd person here doing the tire switch, and given there is a Midas pretty much next door to me I'm now leaning the other way. I assume a tire change would take about as long as it would take me to swap the wheels..?

I suppose cost of the decision depends on how big the 2nd hand market is. Do people buy scuffed wheels (as I'm 100% sure they will be)?
Appreciate 0