View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 04:52 PM   #39
gilberjj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
I’ve got a friend reccomending a pharma sales position with one of the top companies. Evidently they like former athletes. I’m hesitant to go that route - any thoughts?
I've heard that pharma sales positions pay REALLY well. I would feel morally compromised working for big pharma though. I know they help a lot of people, but the volume of anti-anxiety/depression meds and narcotic pain meds is destroying families in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I would sell feet pictures on OnlyFans
^this is something I can get behind!

I've had several sales jobs over the years.
I worked in the investment world selling insurance and investments as a Financial Advisor. I liked helping people, but I didn't find the work compelling or all that interesting. I was more personally interested in helping people get out of debt and start investing. Not much money there though unless you're Dave Ramsey.
I wanted a more technical career, so I went back to school for a mechanical engineering degree. Ironically, I've been in sales ever since, which is where I found my niche.
I worked as a Field Service Engineer for a water pump company. Great work and I got out of the office a lot which was fun. But the company was awful and I didn't like being on call all the time. I had to go when there was an emergency and I didn't know when I was going to be home. That was tough as my wife works full time as well.
Now I work as a Sales Engineer for a renewable energy company. Specifically in biogas. Really rewarding work and it's fascinating. The work is quite technical and the sales process is very long, 6 months to 2 years. Big roller coaster ride though. We hunt big fish, so missing on one project can break our whole year.
Appreciate 0