View Single Post
      08-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskurn View Post
I currently own a 2006 Civic Si and you can't put a Fit or Scion in the same group.

Civic owners are a smart bunch, they know their cars. IMO the Civic Si has one of the best manual gear boxes I have ever used. Much better than my M Roadster, 330ci, etc.

The 135i will be challenged by a whole different group of drivers. Not just the ricers.
I didn't say Civic owner weren't smart but even still a stock SI would still get toasted by a 135i. And I'm not civic bashing because I owned a 98 civic ex and an 03 civic si so I'm qualified to talk about civics. You can compare a Scion TC to a Civic...they're in the same class/segment. I understand what u mean by a Fit, but a Fit is a modders dream like the civic is. But I'm just stating the obvious; and the obvious is that the sport compact world will no doubt challenge the 135. It will be too tempting to do so. Now SRT-4's EVO's and STI's are a different story because those things can flat out move.

Bmw's stock gearboxes do suck but that's what the aftermarket is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLS View Post
depends on your general area. I used to live in stockton, ca; Ricer central up there, a lot of idiots up there too. I would always get these ricers revving at me or tying to pass me in the 540. They dont know the dif. between BMW models, and he didnt know i can pull 0-60 in a little over 4 seconds. So yeah, majority are idiots up there, in so cal now, dont see much of it, but they are still around, but loving it here more.
I used to live near Waldorf, MD and every Friday and saturday I would see civic drivers challenge SRT-4's and get Killed. It was the funniest thing you'd see. Over and over again they'd challenge and challenge get blasted. :iono: