Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plano View Post
So I called my dealership today about seeing if I could purchase and install the M Performance Spoiler for my M4. They happen to have one in stock and are charging $520 + 2 HOURS of labor for a total around $900. Now correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the install rather simple double sided tape? Where the hell is two hours of work coming from? Also looking for anyone that has installed their own to chime in on the install process/simplicity of it.

Thanks!
I did it on my M3 recently. I used the IND DIY found elsewhere on the site. The hardest part for me was the removal of all of the tape from the original spoiler -- this will not be a problem for you. I used goof-off and there is one place where apparently it sat a bit too long and left a very slight imperfection in the clearcoat (can only see it with tangential light, it's not a scratch, like it ate through a superficial bit of the coat but not down to the paint.). I hope that will polish out easy, but it's not obvious either. The install took me about one hour. I also used the adhesion promoter that IND mentions. It's quite secure.

Note: be careful when removing the plastic backing for the new spoiler tape as the BMW and IND instructions mention; if you break it rather than pull it off cleanly it can make life a touch harder

EDIT: $520 is also nuts; buy it online. IND will put a CRT stripe on for you if you want to spend too much money like me.

EDIT 2: can no longer see this clear coat issue I mentioned. Everything looks great!
Appreciate 0