03-11-2024, 09:14 AM   #76
blutob2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
its probably your battery charge state. efficient dynamics doesnt charge the battery all the time, only when the engine is overrunning ( car decelerating) if you drive mostly highway with constant throttle, not a lot of charging happens. if the charge state is too low, it wont let you do remote start. i believe the logic is, it needs to account for 2 starts, 1 the remote start, 2 restarting the car if you dont come out to it by the time the 15 minutes is up. if its too low it will conserve the power to ensure you can start it.
in the winter every so often i top up the battery with a charger (car can sit for a week or more without driving)
Yeah it finally updated this weekend. My wife got the message when she got home after a short drive. No issues with the update, just had to redo some settings.

I did notice that it now allows all doors to be unlocked if you just use the tailgate button on the key fob. I never recalled that before and always complained about having to also unlock the doors after opening the tailgate. But used it at Costco yesterday and like that update...if it was one haha!
Appreciate 0