View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 09:36 PM   #7
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
Picked up my 2025 X7 40i this past weekend and love it so far. Took about 24 days from order to delivery. Here the specs:

- Skyscraper grey, Tartufo extended leather, Fineline open pore wood trim
- Packages: Executive, M Sport, M Sport Pro, DAP, Park assist, DHP, climate comfort
- Options: B&W, leather dash, spare tire, trailer hitch

Prior to this, I have had 5 series, 7 series (23 760), X5 G05 (pre and LCI) and I am so far impressed by the X7. Way quieter and better ride than my 24 X5. I also like it better than my 760. I prefer the more "traditional" interior of the X7 than too much tech and pizzazz in your face in the current 7 series (not to mention SUV driving position is more fun for me).

DHP for me was a must mostly because of rear wheel steering given how big this car is but I assume it impacts handling/ride too and this car has been great over the past couple days in that department.

First time getting this color and it is growing on me. Wanted something a bit lighter that is not white.

Also first time getting the B&W. Always skimped on this in my past bimmer orders as I thought its too much money but now that I have it, I think it is well worth the money. Way more detail and clarity can be heard through the B&W system that is lost on the HK.

One comment on the leather dash option, IMHO not worth it. I had the base dashboard on my 24 X5 and now leather dash on X7. I can barely tell the difference that would justify the $ difference.
And I thought I changed cars often, remember you from our chats on the 7 series forum. Great looking ride, can’t go wrong with the X7. It’s been on my shortlist for a while but ended up trading the 760 for a XM instead
Appreciate 0