View Single Post
      01-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
teddyb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Seat recall feature

I did a search, but am having some trouble finding the answer to my question.

I have the memory seat function. It looks like there is an option to have the car recall the seat position when either the car is unlocked or when the driver door is opened. I set this to recall when the car is unlocked.

I was hoping this would set the seat back to "position 1". Having read the manual it seems to say that this feature puts the seat back to the same place it was when the same key was last used.

This doesn't seem very practical - for example, since my car is new a few people have driven it (using my key). I was hoping when I next unlocked the car the seat would go right back to position 1. I am used to my Tahoe doing that.

Can anyone make sense of what I'm asking (I don't really know how to explain it better - sorry)!

Thanks,

Darryl

PS While I'm asking questions - it seems the only power outlet in my '11 Coupe is in the armrest??? I want to plug my Valentine detector in but I don't want to hardwire it as I move it between a few vehicles. Stretching the cord for that or a GPS all the way to the armrest seems ludicrous. I love the tray that goes where the ashtray used to, but I need the outlet!