View Single Post
      01-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #7
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

It may not seem practical going to the last position when several people drive the car using the same key but I would think most drivers have their own key and do not share it so to me what BMW is doing make total sense. Not only do the seats move, the mirrors and other functions like climate control and audio go the last setting as well. At least you can disable the function until everyone has had fun with your car.

So what you need to do is simply press the 1 button on the side of the seat when you get in and it goes back to the position you set the seat to when you pressed the memory button.

As for the radar detector, get a second power cord and hardwire it in. Then you can hide the wire and make it look good. I use a Buss add a fuse. You remove a fuse and put this device in place. It keeps the original fuse and taps off the power for a second device where a wire comes out to connect to. It makes for a clean install.