View Single Post
      02-02-2008, 05:16 AM   #15
nitramluap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
Biodiesel interests me. How much do you pay per litre and where do you get it from? ie are there dedicated outlets selling the stuff?

I have a diesel Discovery 3 and the price of diesel in Tassie is around $1.55 to $1.57 /litre. Filling up a 90 odd litre tank can be painful $wise. Luckly I get reasonable economy (for such a heavy car) compared to the V8 version.
My B100 is more expensive than biodiesel made from virgin rapeseed oil. It costs me $1.37 per litre at the moment and I get it from North Coast Biodiesel in Byron Bay - I'll soon have my own 600L tank at home in the garage (yes, it is perfectly legal).

You can buy it from many locations around the country in various blends (B20, B50, B100) but I'm not sure on specific locations in Tasmania. Check out this great Australian biodiesel forum for plenty of info and helpful advice (including retail outlets): www.biofuelsforum.com

One thing, the gelling of the biodiesel in the winter may be an issue for you down there but there are ways around this problem.

Cheers,

Paul
Appreciate 0