View Single Post
      04-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Got myself a Prius!

I've been feeling green lately and it's been a bummer having a convertible in Boston with all the cold weather. So I'd been thinking about making a change. I took a few test drives yesterday, and there were some great end-of-March sales, so I ended up with a 2009 Prius.

She's Mica Blue (really bold and shiny), still has the auto-dimming mirrors and bluetooth that I loved in Orca, but I also get the Comfort Access-like no-key entry and driving that I missed out on. Still have my Sirius satellite radio and I now have this cool in-dash display that shows which part of my car is powering the engine and I have this camera that shows behind the car when I back up! I haven't figured out a name for her yet, but we zipped up and down 95 last night and had fun.

It was a hard decision, but with the trade-in, the Prius was better than free - my payments go down and gas costs will be non-existant. Plus, there's all kinds of funky ways I can drive her to get even better mileage.

Anyway, I hope you'll still let me come to the events even though I'll be the odd duck out. Maybe I can still do ride-alongs at the auto cross?

amy!
Appreciate 0