01-05-2020, 05:57 AM   #357
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
I'm dailying my e90, of course) still get excited almost every time I need to drive it.
So, I've been on vacation these past few weeks and haven't driven much compared to my normal 800-mile weeks. I've not driven the E90 since Christmas eve. Yesterday I was ripping around in the Z3 with the top down, rare around here for early January . The Z3 has a Bilstein/H&R suspension and is my best driving car, slow that it is (fun to drive a slow car fast...)

But the E90 was up for its 5,000-mile tire rotation and winter pressure adjustment. That accomplished, I dropped it off the lift and took it out to warm up the N52 and scrape the rust off the rotors. After 13 and a half years and a bazillion miles, I still really just love driving that car.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 01-05-2020 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 0