12-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #193
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
As the article I linked to above points out, that doesn't apply anymore. Language has evolved and as such, the reality is that, colloquially, everything is called an SUV now. Time to accept it and move on. If you guys are that interested in continuing, I can easily move the discussion. Let me know.

The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk would beg to differ. Plenty of 500hp+ LRs would be fun on a track, too.

Even so... while colloquially... many people may call a convertible, a CAR... indeed... the name convertible still applies. When searching on a web site.. convertibles are often still listed separately.

the car and driver page actually calls them " Crossovers and SUVs.. " as does Cars.com and cargurus.com , NADA has BOTH categories.... as does KBB, Autoweek, and more..

I would LOVE to just take what you said as gospel.... but.. your link no worky for me.. . so i'll keep with what the majority of the market is doing for now

Edit: tried again and got the link to work

The last sentence reads...

"The only way you'll go wrong is by using the term "crossover" to define a body-on-frame SUV. Examples of such vehicles include the Chevrolet Tahoe, Ford Expedition and Mercedes G-Class. Those are all still SUVs in the original sense of the term -- and in those cases, "crossover" doesn't apply."

While manufacturers or people may use the term SUV for two types of vehicles , there are still two distinct categories of vehicles , and autorader (as well as the other online auto search engines ) certainly agree.

As a matter of fact, if you go back to my original post, you will see that I had edited it for clarity and the examples I used are the same ..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 12-14-2017 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0