Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx_77 View Post
This has been my first BMW. It's a 2019 X7 40i with about almost 8000 miles.
I'm moving to Switzerland in June of this year for at least 2 years, but potentially much longer. I bought the car outright.
The company that my wife works for will ship it for free to my destination. The biggest issue is the fact that I am pretty sure that my BMW NA warranty coverage will cease. I love the car and have never had a single issue except for the leather becoming dislodged on the bottom front part of the front passenger seat.
I fixed that myself pretty easily. but of course,
with a car with so much technology I am definitely questioning whether I should
keep it, but if I sell it I am certainly going to loose big.
I'd love to hear opinions
Thanks!
if it's free, ship it over. and then if you're worried about the warranty, find a dealership to trade it in for a new one there.

I traded my 2019 for a 2020 that I bought outright, and I only paid what would be the equivalent of monthly lease payments. (I added up the 14 months of hypothetical lease pay on 2019, and subtracting from the 2020)] so to me that was a good deal.
it was as if, I had leased the 2019 for a year instead of 3, traded it in early and bought the 2020 without any added fees or complications.
Yeah, I know BMW NA does not want me to sell it over there for good reason. They did have me sign a document when I bought it agreeing to not take it overseas for 2 years.
I'm sure that was due to how expensive these types of Vehicles can be in some countries, and of course everything in Switzerland is outrageously expensive. I had asked the Salesperson about this document and told him that sometime in the futures I may indeed move to another country. He told me not to worry about it and that it was mainly to prevent the buying of vehicles in the US and making a business out of shipping them overseas. I know, I should of just refused to sign it, but I thought I'd be in the US 2 more years at least.
Thanks for giving me your thoughts.
Appreciate 0