03-07-2020, 09:27 PM   #20
Sphinx_77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_whereman View Post
There are a number of variables and only you can best determine their relative weighting/importance to arrive at a decision. If finance is a motivating factor, the loss you incur in selling now may be less than the increased operating and insurance cost you will have to pay in Europe. Streets there are also narrower and as someone who has driven extensively on the autobahn, I think they are overrated. Yes, you can drive very fast in some sections, but not all. The main pleasurable experience in driving on the autobahn for me isn't the excessive speed but rather the skilled and disciplined driving of Europeans drivers when they get on the autobahn. There are many interstate highways in the US that are much better built than any autobahn, for speed and also for the safety margin (may be to account for the bad drivers we have here &#128578.

But if driving a unique car is a bigger motivating factor, and an X7 in Europe will certainly be rare, then I would ship it and enjoy!

Whatever you do, count your blessings that you have this "first world" problem 😊 Best of luck with the move and a great stay in Switzerland.
Yes, definitely a first world problem, especially in these times.....
Thanks
Appreciate 1