View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 01:37 PM   #19
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Taking advantage of all features of the current Tesla FSD system is only possible with vehicles that have interior cameras that monitors the driver. Driver has to be awake, looking at the road. As soon as u pick up your phone, or even look around it will star beeping at you and if u don’t listen: 1. It will stop and pull over, 2. You will get striked and will be banned from FSD for some time.

The photos shared above are all from older Tesla cars, or of which are also operating under older auto-pilot, or standard auto-pilot, not the most recent AI FSD for cars with interior camera. Even for older cars with regular standard Auto-pilot, nowadays u can’t drive long without the system asking u to keep shaking the steering wheel. There is no way on earth to go sleep like that while the system continuing to operate. People used to trick the system by installed a weigh on the wheel or a controller that adjusts volume up and down to trick the system that u are awake, all of which Tesla have completely eliminated. If someone is that STUPID to keep trying to trick the system, then I bet I’d rather be around him while FSD works than someone like that driving the car without a backup system anyway (though again that’s not possible).

I am not a big fan of FSD, but for those who are skeptical, simply one can argue that the chances someone will die while driving is of higher probability and eve riskier than the FSD system itself failing while you are alive and not yet able to take over the car. Yes I believe it’s already safer than the majority of drivers. In fact, on the highway, I have no doubt that it’s already safer when used as intended, as compared to a regular human driving the car himself.
Appreciate 0