View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 01:45 PM   #20
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
That is going to be a challenge as overconfidence in its ability tends to go hand in hand with the general public. Look at the early demonstrations of people trying to take naps or get in the passenger seat just to show off. People are idiots and not to be trusted as if they are a highly trained pilot knowing how to use the tool in the right context.

It is not a bad idea for owners of fully autonomous capable vehicles to compete a mandatory training course for these features and then after completion, the tech can be turned on at that point in their vehicles.
I think the issue am seeing here on this thread that most people are just not that aware of how far the tech has come in the past few years and even just weeks. All of that has already been resolved and done already. As an example, before taking any Tesla car now for FSD, Tesla made it mandatory for the owner to go for a drive with a Tesla employee to take training on FSD before being able to use FSD when u go pick up the car your purchased. This was done just this month after the implementation of this new AI FSD system. Same for taking a nap or going to the other seat which is impossible to do now as I explained in my previous comment. We can refer to many mistakes in the past, but the technology has already truly moved forward and it’s more of an assist system with FSD characteristics. This is just good enough in my view to make roads safer.
Appreciate 1
rjabend368.50