07-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #9
ImolaRay
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
Well there’s a difference between use and abuse. I use my cars as they are intended but I do not abuse them. I would argue if you bought an m50i and you rarely if ever take it over 3k rpm perhaps YOU bought the wrong car. Could have saved a lot of dough and bought a very adequate 40i and drive like most women. Nothing wrong with that. To say you people who bought a high performance expensive luxury suv and want to do what is capable of doing is wrong? Well that’s ridiculous.

As far as break in? Not much needed but I usually go a little easy first 500 miles. No hard launches. I do keep the rpms light probably around 3500 ish max. No extended cruise control or steady speed and no hard breaking. After 500 she’s ready. Have fun.
Well there is an argument to be made that maybe I did buy the wrong vehicle, as I've done that many times before.
But its perfectly acceptable to have the power there if you want it or need it, but not abuse it the vehicle.
And as for driving like a woman, well perhaps more like an old man. As I have the driving record in which I have already experienced too many close calls and interactions with the police resulting in some pretty expensive insurance rates in my much younger years. But that doesn't change anything about any break in period.
And since we all have the freedom to use our right foot as we please, I have no issue with any M50i owner driving as they see fit. Even if they are a woman.

Last edited by ImolaRay; 07-16-2021 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0