05-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleme05 View Post
Big thumbs up on the KW v3s. I've had mine three weeks now and they are as good as everyone says. They are comfortable on LA's crap downtown roads and still corner much better than stock or my previous H&R springs did. The ride, adjustability and build quality are all excellent. Apparently they can be set to softer than stock if you so desire. Worth the money IMHO. I recommend replacing the Rear Shock Mounts while you are at it. Rouge Eng has a great RSM kit.

I previously had the H&R lowering springs w/stock dampers, which cornered better than stock but ran out of travel on bumps. I also ran a Ground Control street 'hybrid' kit for two weeks. I returned the GCs for the KWs and boy I'm glad I did. Naturally, Your Mileage May Vary.

As you know tires and wheels play a huge part it ride quality.... you might consider smaller wheels, more sidewall and/or less tire pressure to soften up the ride. I run 37 PSI measured with tires warm.
Thank you for your detailed review!

I'm also in the Orange County / Los Angeles area and noticed the same when switching from just springs to the KW V3 coilovers.
Appreciate 0