10-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Coupe VO!

I finally found one.

Hello Dear 1M addicts,
This is my first post here, I hope everyone is doing well. I've been obsessing over the 1 m and the 135i coupe before it for quite a while. This forum fueled this desire even more. Amazing photography and fantastic stories. Day to day living to European delivery experiences.

I moved back home a year ago and the hunt for a new car has started. The list of cars had been the cts-v and rs5 but none of them hit the spot. I wanted something small and nimble. Everytime i finish a test drive, I am left with the same feeling, there is so much power but it felt big and unconnected. I really wanted a manual transmission. Autos/PDK/paddle shifters doesnt cut it.

The 1 m is such a beautiful car, the whole concept and the way it is constructed. The way it is more than the sum of its parts ranks it very high on the scale of car awesomesness. The qouta for the Middle east is just 60 cars for the 2012 model and as far as i know production will seaze in spring 2012.

The dealership in my city doesn't order them anymore but I found a dealership that will get a VO fully loaded with shadow line package for March delivery. The only way for that to happen is to lay down a deposit.

I know I am preaching to the converted, I have till this thursday to take the plunge and then it is the long wait till March Delivery.

This is hopefully the beginning of my 1 m story, It is usually unorthadox to buy small cars here, but this one is just too beautiful to pass on. A lot of people said that this is already an out of date vehicle as the f20 is here. My response is that it is a one off masterpiece. I feel this will be a collectable classic, it is a baby m car for god's sake!

Alright, I just wanted to share my story, say hello to fellow 1 m addicts and to get that small push into taking a plunge. As many of you here who bought the car with out test driving or seeing it in real life. What are your experiences? Was it worth it? Is it sane to order such a car without test driving it?

My current car is A Holden commadore SS 2002 with minor mods. 360 HP / 307 whp. so getting a coupe, light weight is just going to be amazing.

Kindest Regards,

Shimmy
Appreciate 0